Thanksgiving doesn't always have to be about the turkey and dressing. For guests who want something a little bit different, Chef is serving up this Curry Lamb Shank with Banana Coconut Rice. Juicy, Tender, and packed full of flavor, this dish will be perfect or the non-conformists on Thanksgiving day, or even just to feature all season! Check it out, and when you make it be sure to tag us in a picture on Twitter or Instagram!
3964632 Spice Turmeric Ground
1185545 Sysco Imperial Fresh Ginger Root Fresh
7576693 Garlic Peeled Fresh California
1048222 Sysco Imperial Fresh Onions Yellow Fresh Jumbo
4582409 Pepper Chili Green Whole
6996433 Spice Cumin Ground
3963725 Sysco Imperial/McCormick Spice Coriander Ground
5228549 Spice Chili Powder Dark
7129067 Arezzio Tomato Pear Coarse Ground Peeled Puree
1675925 Sysco Classic Spinach Clipped Fresh
2036044 Lamb Foreshank Imp
4438911 Grain Blend 5 Way
5331368 Milk Coconut Unsweetened
1158542 Banana Fresh Tip Green
2252138 Sysco Reliant Fresh Lemon Choice
Small chunk of ginger, peeled
2 cloves of garlic
2 onions, roughly chopped
2 green chilies
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon tomato puree
bag of spinach
cURRY lAMB sHANK pREPARATION
- In a food processor, blend ginger, garlic and onion until they form a paste.
- On the stove top, heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan, then add paste, green chilies and ½ teaspoon of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rest of spices and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add lamb and cook until browned
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato puree, and a cup of water, then bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook 1 hour.
Coconut Banana 5 Grain Blend iNGREDIENTS & pREP
Juice of half a lemon
1lb (half bag) 5 grain blend
2 bananas pureed
- In a sauce pan over medium-high heat combine 5 grain blend, coconut milk and water.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and lower the heat so it simmers, and let cook for 5 minutes. Remove the cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and add the pureed banana. Gently stir for 2 minutes. Taste for salt, adding more if needed.