One of the quickest and easiest ways to freshen your menu up each season is by updating your sides. These Roasted Candied Acorn Squash from Chef Marcus are perfect for the winter holiday season, but aren't so traditionally seasonal that you can't serve them until spring. Chef says that root vegetables of any kind are popular throughout fall and winter, and oven roasted veggies like this give customers that "almost healthy" vibe they crave around the holidays.
What do you think? Take a pic and us on Facebook and Instagram to let us know!
5593702 Sysco Classic Sugar Brown Light Cane
5229273 Sysco Imperial McCormick Spice Pepper Black Coarse Ground
6040760 Sysco Classic Salt Kosher Flake Coarse
3031438 Wholesome Farms Butter Solid Unsalted USDA AA
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the butternut squash into ½-inch pieces and in a mixing bowl toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes, or until just soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, set the broiler to high.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and melt the butter with the honey and brandy. Add the squash and mix well. Cook until the honey begins to thicken.
- Place the pan under the broiler until squash begins to caramelize, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Plate and serve.