Everything is better with bacon! At least, that's what Chef Marcus said as he served up these delicious Smoked Oysters wrapped in Bacon and topped with his House-Made Dill Sauce. This dish is a great appetizer, perfect for catered events, or even just for quick service at a food festival.
Use the recipe below to try these out for yourself and let us know what you think! Take a picture and tag us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon curry powder
7382175 Fresh Gulf Oyster
5886381 Bacon Applewood Smoked - Gluten Free
- Combine all marinade ingredients together in a medium non-metallic bowl and mix well.
- Shuck 24 oysters, keeping at least one half shell per oyster.
- Marinate oysters for 30 minutes, making sure to turn once.
- Wrap oysters in bacon and replace oysters in their half shell. Add a bit of marinade and dill cream sauce (recipe below) to each one.
- Preheat smoker to 220°F.
- Place oysters in their half-shells on smoker racks and cook until desired flavor is achieved.
House-Made Dill Sauce Recipe
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 tablespoon chopped red onion
1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
PRO TIP: Consider the way different brickets will change the flavor of your smoke. For a bit of sweetness, opt for an Applewood, or try a stronger flavored wood like cedar for a more intense flavor!